Visual inspection and testing of the lightning protection, earthing and bonding systems for the Point Lookout Wastewater Treatment Plant. The project came about due to multiple instrument and electric motor failures, attributed to insufficient earthing of the instruments.
APD Engineering offer other Lightning Protection Design as per AS1768 and Insulation Coordination Studies.
LIGHTNING PROTECTION DESIGN
- Design requirements in compliance with AS1768
- Detailed risk assessment and project specific designs
- Using SES Shield-3D software to carry out Rolling Sphere or Basic Impulse methods
- Powerline earth wire shielding angle and critical back flashover-voltages.
INSULATION COORDINATION STUDIES
- Lightning overvoltage studies – detailed modelling of using ATP Draw, PSCAD EMTC and other software
- Capacitor switching, transformer energisation, load rejection and earth fault over voltage studies and estimation of failure rate
- Lightning strike insulation studies and selection of surge arrester
- Point-on-wave and circuit breaker TRV studies.