The 28.6 MW Waste to Energy plant is situated in East Rockingham, WA and is designed to deliver a cost-effective waste treatment solution and source of dispatchable renewable energy, whilst achieving a 96% diversion of residual waste from landfill. It connects to the grid via Western Power’s Office Rd 132kV (OFE) substation, a greenfield substation established to cut into the existing MSR-WMC 81 line, which includes a new relay room.
Western Power engaged APD Engineering to provide the automation configuration, testing & commissioning works for the above works.
- Prepare RTU configurations/Master Station database files for MSR and WMC line protection upgrades and commission;
- Prepare configurations for Axion IO, GPS Clocks, L2/3 switches, SCADA Gateways and HMI for OFE (Greenfields site) and commission;
- Liaise with AEMO, East Rockingham Waste to Energy and WP System operations to agree on the telemetered points list to be exchanged between all parties;
- Commission the facility as a load while still in construction;
- Commission the facility as a generator once completed.