BHP Billiton Iron Ore provided APD with the motor starter system information such as existing system drawings, specifications and vendor documentation. Starting with this information, APD used the following methodology to prepare detail design, execute the integration and complete the project:
- Undertake site verification of the existing system prior to the commencement of design;
- Undertake detailed design and software development to enable the integration of the VSDs into the plant PCS;
- Liaise with BHP regarding the design, assist with fieldbus design and selection;
- Provide all equipment, personnel and other items necessary to carry out the detail design and commission the integrated system;
- Document, authorise and submit all specifications, drawings and test records to the client representative.
- Preparation of the detail design required to be approved by BHP;
- PLC & SCADA development, testing & commissioning;
- Liaising with the various stakeholders;
- Construction support;
- Site commissioning;
- Project delivery.