The Roy Hill Ultrafine Iron Recovery Facility required the repurposing of a EPSA (Energy Power Systems Australia) 33kV switchboard, originally from the Roy Hill Port, to the Roy Hill Mine.
APD Engineering’s Electrical, Instrumentation & Control (EIC) Team successfully configured and tested the new switchboard for integration into the Roy Hill Mine Power Management System (PMS).
- PMS development using Siemens SICAM AK, RTU and SICAM SCADA;
- Siemens Siprotec 5 protection relays configuration using Digsi 5;
- Electrical design input & development to configure the EPSA switchboard to the Roy Hill Mine standard switchboard;
- Implementation of IEC61850 MMS & GOOSE communications;
- IEC60870-5-104 communications configuration from RTU to SCADA;
- Ethernet network switches monitoring via SNMP direct from SICAM SCADA;
- Factory Acceptance Testing;
- Site Commissioning – Protection relay testing and integration of IEDs with the PMS and SCADA systems.