APD have been commissioned to carry out detailed earthing design and site testing for the solar farms.
Key tasks completed by APD:
- Soil resistivity testing at 4 solar farms;
- Earthing hazard assessment for the entire installation (from PV frames through to the DC collection grid, PCUs, MV reticulation and delivery substation);
- Earthing design for auxiliary installations such as fences, O&M buildings and lightning masts;
- Earthing connection assessment to the utility (NSP) zone substations;
- Conductor sizing and detailed Earthing & Bonding design drawings for construction;
- Earth injection testing & measurement of step and touch hazards in and outside solar farms.
- Soil resistivity testing;
- Conductor thermal ratings for the site and earth continuity conductor to the NSP substation;
- EPR hazard transfer assessment and earth grid resistance for the lightning protection earthing;
- Earthing design for the modules, DC arrays, PCUs, MV reticulation & delivery station;
- Bill of Material (BOM) and IFC drawings for the entire site including buildings, fence, etc.;
- On-going technical support during the procurement and construction phases.