APD were required to:
- Develop a detailed design for pole and wires based on AS7000 and AS3000;
- Conduct power system studies to ensure that the upgraded network is suitable and compliant with relevant Australian and HWC standards;
- Site visit to download the settings of the relays, relay modelling and protection grading studies;
- Soil testing, earthing design and onsite step and touch testing.
- Conductor selection and design of the HWC’s
- HV network with new OPGW;
- Load flow, short circuit analysis and protection coordination review for the upgraded HV network;
- Site visit to collect the latest protection settings implemented in relays;
- Detailed modelling and design of earthing installations;
- Onsite earth grid injection testing and measurement of step and touch voltage hazards across the network (including pump stations and switchyard).