APD were engaged to provide Lighting Design within the subdivision package. In order to utilize new technologies, Ipswich City Council had issued a specification requiring all street lighting to be LED type and fully controllable. Ipswich Council also required the lights to be owned and maintained by them instead of Energex. To accomplish this Ipswich Council used Energex Rate 3 tariff which uses a combination of the AS3000 and some of the Energex specifications.
- Lighting design to AS1158 using Perfect Lite software;
- Negotiated design with Energex to meet their requirements and be AS3000 compliant;
- Submitted design to Ipswich City Council for approval of circuitry;
- Provided feedback to Ipswich City Council with regards to AS3000 compliance and design improvements;
- Submitted council approved design to Energex for Rate 3 lighting agreement;
- Completed all Energex applications for supply for Rate 3 connections;
- Provided technical support to the contractor for this new system.