Downtime of the generators posed a significant cost to Alinta Energy in terms of loss of revenue. Therefore all works required during shutdowns were to be kept to a minimum. In order to minimize the shut-down period, were performed during three distinct execution phases.All non critical works were completed outside of the shutdowns. APD used the following methodology to prepare for and complete the project:
- Liaise with Alinta Energy to finalise the equipment specification;
- Submit design and interconnection drawings for Alinta Energy approval prior to site work;
- Agree on the outage requirements and coordinate with planned shutdowns;
- Write an installation and commissioning plan that describes the tasks that will be carried out;
- Prepare detailed isolation procedure;
- Implement the test schedule according to the agreed timetable;
- Installation, commissioning and making ready for service of the new equipment.
On-site testing, detailed hazard assessment, recommendation of effective risk mitigation strategies in consultation with the developer, taking financial and environmental factors into account.