The battery storage installed at Alkimos has a unique supply arrangement with the fault current being sourced by the Western Power network as well as the 250kW Li-Ion battery units. Given the extensive experience of APD with design and field testing of renewable energy systems, APD were engaged to provide an end-to-end specialised service with the following tasks:
- Soil resistivity testing;
- Detailed fault level and protection analysis;
- CDEGS modelling and earthing design as per AS 2067 & AS 3000;
- Assessment of voltage hazards on various parts of the system;
- Extensive EPR hazard assessment on 3rd party assets (pipeline and telecom from DBYD);
- Current injection testing to measure step & touch voltages.
- Soil Resistivity Testing;
- Detailed assessment of fault level;
- Earthing design using CDEGS software;
- EPR hazard assessment on 3rd party assets;
- Step & touch testing and earth grid resistance measurement;
- Full compliance letter with NPER sign-off for energisation by the utility.