APD were required to:
- Review information for client and determine parameters for the assessment;
- Model the new substation and DBs in DIgSILENT PowerFactory;
- Short-Circuit Analysis to determine the fault level at busses and switchboards;
- Determine the protection settings under the temporary and permanent power supply arrangements;
- Arc Flash analysis to determine safe working distances and PPE requirements and other risk mitigation measures as per hierarchy of control.
- Detailed modelling of the new assets within DIgSILENT PowerFactory;
- Protection coordination for the temporary and permanent power supply arrangements (HV and LV settings);
- Assessment of the Arc Flash Hazards as per NPFA 70 and IEEE 1584 requirements;
- Danger Labels prepared with equipment and PPE classification;
- Detailed report outlining the fault level, protection, arc flash hazards and proposed risk mitigation measures following the hierarchy of control.